Terms of Service
1. Who we are: Clean to Concierge is an independent, locally owned and operated cleaning company. Our employees are fully insured.
2. Communication: It is very important that you call us if you have questions or concerns about your cleaning service. We take great pride in our business and will make every reasonable effort to provide you with a highly professional cleaning service. One thing that really helps us provide you with a superior cleaning service is your ongoing feedback. Please fill out your survey after every visit to help us continually improve the quality of the service you receive.
3. Team: We try to send the same team to your home each week, however, we cannot guarantee it due to illness and vacations, etc. Our main priority is to clean and sanitise your home consistently and with the superior service that we promise to you. We have stringent systems in place, with fully trained teams and individuals to ensure this.
4. Office Hours: Our office is open M-F 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Voicemail is available after hours. Emails are monitored after hours and are often the best way to reach us outside of office hours.
5. Equipment and Supplies: We provide all of the equipment and supplies to clean your home. Should you prefer that your own products are used, please advise us in the NOTES section of the booking form.
6. Quality Control: Our teams are quality inspected by management on a regular basis. They may enter your home briefly within a short time during the time the team is on your premises. These inspections ensure that we retain the highest quality standards.
7. Arrival Time: Our team clean from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Occasionally they may need to stay past 6:00 PM to finish the job. We cannot guarantee an exact time for your visit due to the nature of our business and changing schedules, but we try to maintain a half hour window, and will contact you to let you know the ETA. If you need an updated window of time you may call or email the day before your scheduled visit. No arrival time is implied or ever guaranteed. We will do our best to accommodate requests, but they are treated as requests only and we have no way to guarantee your exact service time. We do guarantee your day of service and will not change your service date without your prior approval.
8. Keys: Your home must be accessible to our teams. If we are unable to enter your home on the day of service and were not provided a key, you will be charged the full price of the cleaning visit. The first time this happens we will allow you to reschedule the cleaning and apply the charges to the rescheduled visit. On subsequent lockouts, no reschedule is offered.
9. Clutter: We do ask that you provide us with a clutter-free environment. If that is not the case, we may not be able to clean your home to the promised standards, or extra charges may be applied subject to your pre-approval.
10. Hoarding & Hazardous Condition Policy: If your property is deemed a hazardous cleaning situation that goes over and above our normal cleaning environment that is covered by our cleaning packages, our cleaning teams have the right to walk away. Upon such a service, you will be charged the full booking amount due to holding your space in our schedule.
11. Safety: Insurance and safety issues prohibit our teams from moving heavy objects or standing on furniture. We also prohibit our staff from handling any biohazards, including pet or human fluids, rodent faeces, mould, etc. We are also only able to use higher than a 2-step ladder in your home to clean. That does limit our ability to clean some spaces, but we have extension poles that help us reach most places in your home.
12. Security Alarms: If your home has a security alarm, please ensure that it is turned off on the day of your scheduled clean. You may also provide us with the code and steps necessary to turn off your alarm. We will reset the alarm when we leave. However, we will not be held responsible for alarms set off by mistake.
13. Pets: If you have pets, please secure and pick up after them. For sanitary and safety issues our teams are not permitted to clean flea-infested homes or pick up animal excrement in the home. This service may be offered for the yard, and is available to book at the time that you book your clean. We will not clean if our team members feel they are in danger due to your dog or other animals.
14. Rescheduling: There may be times when the weather makes it unsafe for us to travel and carry equipment and supplies to your home. Driveways must be clear and accessible. Holidays may necessitate a schedule change. These will be the only reasons that we do not complete a clean on your scheduled day, and we will give as much notice as possible, and arrange a reschedule with you. We appreciate your understanding in these circumstances.
15. Payment Policy: Payment is due on the day of each scheduled cleaning. Once the clean is complete, we will charge the credit card that is stored on our server. Cash payments are not accepted as they pose a safety concern to our staff.
16. GST: All of our prices are GST inclusive. Tax Invoices are supplied.
17. Late Fee: If payment does not occur for whatever reason, we will send you an open invoice by email with a payment link. Please remit your payment immediately. If we do not receive your payment within 3 business days of your cleaning a $10 convenience fee will be added to your cleaning. If payment is not received with 30 days we will assess a $35 late fee to your account. Each month thereafter that the account is past due, an additional $35 late fee will be assessed to your account.
18. Cancellation Fee: In the event that you cancel a scheduled cleaning with less than a full 24 hour notice, up to 80% of your scheduled visit will still be charged, but you may reschedule the visit within 5 business days and no additional charge applies. If you cancel a visit on the day of service, you will still be charged the full amount of the cleaning visit and no reschedule will be due. This is due to the time allocated having been blocked out, with the inability to fill the spot at late notice. Repeated cancellations or offences will cause a disruption in our service and may result in a cancellation of your service altogether at any time.
19. Lockout Fee: If the team is unable to enter your home due to customer’s fault (double bolt locks, animals not contained, or is turned away at the door) there will be a lockout fee assessed to equal the regular cleaning price.
20. Suspension of Service: If any of the above fees have not been paid your service will be suspended until all fees have been paid in full. If service is suspended and you have not paid in full within 30 days we will consider you to have terminated the service.
21. Collection of Fees: In addition to any amounts owed to Clean to Concierge, you agree to be responsible for all reasonable collection and legal fees we incur to bring your account current.
22. Cancelling your Service: It is agreed that this is an at-will relationship – services may be canceled at any time, and no contract is implied. To avoid cancellation charges, a notice of at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled time is required.
23. Damages and Breakages: From time to time small items may be knocked off a shelf when dusting, etc. We will provide a credit for future services for incidental, proven damages up to $500. Above that, you will need to file a claim with your homeowners’ insurance for damages caused by the routine nature of the cleaning. Damages due to negligence or malpractice on our part will be handled by our insurance provider. In addition, we will only use Clean to Concierge approved products for cleaning your home. If you ask that we use your product, you assume all liability responsibility for any damage to your home caused by your products.
25. Fairness of Service: Our flat-rate services are results-based cleans. They do not depend on time limits like our hourly rates. We perform the checklist of tasks that corresponds to the service that you have booked, plus any extras selected by you until all items have been cleaned to our exacting standards.
Results based cleans do not have set time limits. We do however give our cleaning teams estimates to assist us with the scheduling of our services. These estimates are just guidelines and we allow the teams to work whatever intensities they are able.
On the rare occasions that our estimates are incorrect, we will clean for up to 25% longer than the allocated estimated time, however if a property requires more time and work than that, extra charges may apply. We will always get in touch with you prior to making any changes to your service and confirm any extra charges before proceeding.
26. Happiness Guarantee: If you are not completely happy with your recent cleaning service, notification of such event must be reported to Clean to Concierge within 48 hours of service completion, by email, outlining the issues that need resolution. Once we receive the notification, we will send another team to re-clean the areas of concern reported free of charge. Re-cleans must happen within 7 days of last service.
27. Website: By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by this website’s Terms of Service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable Copyright and Trademark law.
Should you have any questions about the Terms of Service, please contact us through one of the means available on our website.